Tuesday, August 17, 2010

lauki ki sabji with a little twist

Lauki(bottlegaurd,giya and several other names ) is a vegetable which is enjoyed all over North India.
I am going to prepare this for lunch today , as it is simple and easy.
Peel one lauki and cut it into tiny pieces . Heat oil or if you want to add some calories , ghee( clarified butter) in a kadahi. Put half tps  of jeera (cumin seeds) and let it splatter. Now put some chillies, I use green chillies from my kitchen garden as it is good for health. I n case you want to add red chillies you can do it happily. Saute lauki piees into it and add some salt as required .Cover the vessel and let it cook for a while. To confirm it is done , make sure it is transparent .
I added some cream to it , to give it a little twist as it enhances its taste. Try it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment